Columbia Christian will be hosting an Open House on Sunday, February 11, 2018 from 2:00 to 4:00pm. The campus will be open for visits, tours, and more! Come and see what makes the Columbia Christian difference.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-252-8577.
Our 2017 Homecoming celebration will be held on Saturday 12/16 at 3:00pm in the gymnasium. A bake sale sponsored by the PTF will be taking place in the lobby before and during Homecoming (2:30pm-6pm). If you haven’t been to this annual event before, here is an idea of what to expect:
- The coronation program typically runs 25-30 minutes and will conclude by 3:30 PM.
- Students from 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade will participate as the “candle lighters” for the ceremony
- Six princesses from our high school will be introduced with their escorts
- These ladies were chosen by their peers to represent our core values: Faith, Character, and Academics.
- One princess will be crowned queen at the end of the program (as selected by fellow students)
- Cost to be admitted is the standard admission fee for basketball, students may enter free with student ID card
- A section of the bleachers will be reserved for parents of the court
The boys varsity game vs. Life Christian will begin at 4:00pm
The Columbia Christian Board of Directors this month voted to add CCS parent Anne Deidrich as the newest member of the board. An experienced leader, Anne is the national compliance reporting manager for Kaiser Permanente. She has more than 15 years of experience in project analysis and management, quality implementation, and customer requirement implementation.
Anne and her husband Brian have two children attending Columbia, Montgomery in third grade and Hudson in first grade. Both have attended Columbia since PreK. Anne is a graduate of Cascade College and has a MBA from Regis University. She previously taught several business courses at Cascade College and Warner Pacific College.
Anne said that she is excited about serving on the board and believes that her role with Kaiser has equipped her to be a contributing member. At Kaiser, her work with audit and regulatory processes enabled her to contribute to strategic initiatives that increased effectiveness and efficiency.
Known for building and fostering relationships, Anne says she loves the school and has a deep faith in the value of Christian education. With young children at Columbia, she has a vested interest in the future of the school. “With the growth currently occurring at Columbia, it feels like the right time to join the board, roll up some sleeves and get to work,” she explained. “It is the perfect time to help partner on strategic decisions and the future direction of Columbia.
Other members of the board include David Tucker, chair, and Paul Baldwin, Arleen Barnett, Doug Hanna, Julian Hess, Chuck Lawrence, Mike Lawrence, Craig Moody, and DeAnn Womack.