Columbia's beautiful 13-acre campus is located in Northeast Portland, just off the I-84/I-205 interchange.
Columbia Christian School seeks to provide a Christ-centered education focused on excellence in faith, character, and academics.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Columbia Christian School is associated with the Churches of Christ and is guided by the Holy Bible, particularly Christ's teachings in the New Testament. Columbia Christian School accepts the following as the core of Christian faith.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, creator and sustainer of all that is; the Son, existing from eternity as the Word, who became a man being born of a virgin, lived a life of sinless perfection, confirmed his word by miracles, died for our sins, rose from the dead, ascended into heaven where he reigns as Lord and King, and will come again in judgment; the Holy Spirit, given to all believers as the indwelling, sanctifying presence of God.
- Men and women, through sin, are separated from God and are utterly unable to save themselves.
- Salvation is the unearned gift of God to all who place their trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through repentance and baptism.
- The church, being composed of all baptized believers, is to be Christ's presence in the world, witnessing to his Lordship, teaching his word and serving in his name.
- The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the divinely inspired written record of God's work and word, and they are sufficient for faith and practice.
Columbia Christian School has been dually accredited since the spring of 2000 for Kindergarten through 12th grade by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (a division of AdvancED) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Columbia Christian School is a not-for-profit organization governed primarily by the Word of God, as understood and applied by the school's Board of Trustees and administration. The Board of Trustees operates under the school's adopted bylaws, mission statements, objectives, and faith statement, and it provides policies to the president and principal for implementation in the school. Columbia Christian is a registered non-profit organization under the IRS 501(c)3 requirement. The taxpayer ID # is 93-1094933.
In 1947 the school opened with just 4 teachers and 36 students.
Today, Columbia Christian School enrolls just under 300 students (2018-2019).
Columbia Christian School believes education is an opportunity to demonstrate love for God. As Jesus instructs his disciples, humans are to love God with all of their minds, as well as their hearts, souls and strength (Mt. 22:37).
The education God desires, furthermore, is an education steeped in truth and the fear of the Lord. Scripture instructs humans the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Prov. 1:7), and Jesus declares, "I am the way, the truth and the life" (Jn. 14:6).
Columbia Christian Schools centers its curriculum, therefore, around Bible classes at all levels and an integration of scriptural truth in all subjects.
Further, Columbia Christian School believes a complete education provides students not only knowledge but also the tools to acquire knowledge, the tools of learning. In this case, Columbia Christian instructs students in critical thinking through reading, writing, analytical assignments, and classroom discussions.
Finally, Columbia Christian School believes a complete education incorporates mental as well as physical, social, and spiritual instruction. The curriculum Columbia offers provides opportunities for exercise of the mind as well as the body, for individual as well as corporate study, for spiritual as well as social growth.
In accordance with Oregon law, all schools in the state are required to post the immunization and exemption rates for their facilities and for the local community:
Columbia Christian School
Columbia Christian School-Aged (Kindergarten-12th grade)
Multnomah County School-Aged (Kindergarten-12th grade)