Columbia Christian Schools is associated with the Churches of Christ and is guided by the Holy Bible, particularly Christ’s teachings in the New Testament.
Columbia Christian Schools accepts the following as the core of Christian faith.
1. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, creator and sustainer of all that is; the Son, existing from eternity as the Word, who became a man being born of a virgin, lived a life of sinless perfection, confirmed his word by miracles, died for our sins, rose from the dead, ascended into heaven where he reigns as Lord and King, and will come again in judgment; the Holy Spirit, given to all believers as the indwelling, sanctifying presence of God.
2. Men and women, through sin, are separated from God and are utterly unable to save themselves.
3. Salvation is the unearned gift of God to all who place their trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through repentance and baptism.
4. The church, being composed of all baptized believers, is to be Christ’s presence in the world, witnessing to his Lordship, teaching his word and serving in his name.
5. The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the divinely inspired written record of God’s work and word, and they are sufficient for faith and practice.